Kellyanne Conway

For heated discussions, controversial opinions and rants.
Adelaide

Re: Kellyanne Conway

Postby Adelaide » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:50 am

Peter1469 wrote:We need citizens running for office. As opposed to politicians that only say what they think we want to hear.

You really think Trump is at all representative of an average citizen?

Crepitus

Postby Crepitus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:05 am

Adelaide wrote:
On Sunday morning, Conway, who has served as Trump’s campaign manager since August, made the rounds on the political talk shows sporting a toothy smile and red blouse. Her demeanor was as sunny as ever, and she did her best to convince viewers that despite all evidence to the contrary, Donald J. Trump will prevail.

On CNN’s State of the Union, Conway deflected from the first question, about Trump’s 15-minute tirade against his accusers distracting from the rest of his speech in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, by talking about his plan to “create 25 million jobs.” Conway blamed the media for not focusing on that, rather than Trump’s stated plan to sue the women accusing him of wrongdoing after the election is over.

Conway is the quintessential happy warrior, a much more reliable and eloquent spokesperson for Trump than the other talking heads who work on his behalf. Still, the alternate reality she presents on television is hard to reconcile with what Trump says himself, onstage at his rallies, and the apparent negative effect that has on his precious poll numbers.

“If you see me sitting here as a campaign manager, then that's where my heart and my head are,” Conway assured Wallace.

Donald Trump Campaign Manager Kellyanne Conway's Super Sad Sunday - the Daily Beast

Every interview is proving she is not equipped for the task she has been given. She's not qualified and she is showing it. Trump made a serious mistake by adding her to his team.

Well, he added her to prove that he respects women. She's got a really terrible job, attempting to put a positive face on the Trump train wreck, I mean Trump candidacy, cannot be easy or fun.

Peter1469
Forum Framer

Postby Peter1469 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Adelaide wrote:
Peter1469 wrote:We need citizens running for office. As opposed to politicians that only say what they think we want to hear.

You really think Trump is at all representative of an average citizen?

No, not really. But he is not a politician.

Adelaide

Postby Adelaide » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:12 am

Crepitus wrote:Well, he added her to prove that he respects women. She's got a really terrible job, attempting to put a positive face on the Trump train wreck, I mean Trump candidacy, cannot be easy or fun.

She may have a terrible job but she should know how to do it; and she doesn't. If he is being so uncooperative than people who can't handle it should resign, not make it worse.

Tahuyaman
Location: Bremerton, Washington or Sayulita, Mexico mid Nov to Late April.

Postby Tahuyaman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:25 pm

That's true, but we need citizens running who aren't buffoons and actually have some knowledge about the principles this nation was founded upon.

Peter1469
Forum Framer

Postby Peter1469 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:41 am

I agree

Tahuyaman

Postby Tahuyaman » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Once they run and get elected they morph into politicians. In order for them to remain being citizens first, we must do a couple of things. First, we need to make them live by the same laws they impose upon us. No more exempting themselves. Second, we must enact term limits. We've term limited the President. Why not congressmen and senators?

The idea that elected office is a career must be eliminated.

Peter1469
Forum Framer

Postby Peter1469 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:51 pm

I agree that term limits are needed.

Adelaide

Postby Adelaide » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:39 am

Tahuyaman wrote:Once they run and get elected they morph into politicians. In order for them to remain being citizens first, we must do a couple of things. First, we need to make them live by the same laws they impose upon us. No more exempting themselves. Second, we must enact term limits. We've term limited the President. Why not congressmen and senators?

The idea that elected office is a career must be eliminated.

There is stability in having representatives that have been in Congress for a long time (sort of like Ted Kennedy or McCain). They usually end up heading up important committees and take on vital leadership roles. They offer continuity. Adding term limits would remove those people due to the many asshole representatives that continually keep their seat. I am not sure what the solution is, but it would probably negatively impact the government and the citizens if the good, long-time members were given and ousted based on a term limit.

Term limits for the Supreme Court might be more interesting. In Canada, the limit is based on retirement age - a Justice must retire by age 75. I wouldn't mind seeing that made age 65.

Tahuyaman

Postby Tahuyaman » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:33 pm

I'm a strong proponant of term limits. Career politicians have feathered their own bed. Too many believe that the laws they pass are not applicable to them. They need to go back out into the real world and live under the laws they impose on all of us.