How long till O-Care is gone?

Current events and latest news topics.
Peter1469
Forum Framer

Re: RE: Re: How long till O-Care is gone?

Postby Peter1469 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:20 am

Cthulhu wrote:
Common wrote:It has to go, first of all middle class that do not get subsidies cannot afford it. The premiums and co pays have gone through the roof. Those on subsidies that get it free cant find Drs that will accept it. A large sign in my Drs office right under neath the sign saying Now Accepting new Patients for a short time. Is a sign apologizing nor taking a large list of insurers, all obamacare.
On top of that the insurer pool has dwindled down to nothing. So whats going to happen ?

Eventually people that have to pay for it cant afford it and will be uninsured and still paying a fine. You will have those with govt paid obamacare insured with no place to go.

At the minimum it has to be drastically changed or scrapped and started over.

It was designed to fail to frustrate the taxpayer into demanding single payer government run healthcare.

Like the British NHS nightmare.

Fear profits a man nothing.

Yes, the ACA was designed to fail. And yes, the goal was to move to single payer. And yes, I fear the US would follow the clearly failed NHS model as opposed to the Canadian model that you can argue is either acceptable or good. I don't think the US is good at managing sweeping social programs.

I would prefer free market reforms and expanding Medicare for those who don't qualify for or can't afford market insurance.

Common
Forum Framer

Re: How long till O-Care is gone?

Postby Common » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:43 pm

That pretty obvious now, would have worked if hilly got elected.

Peter1469
Forum Framer

Re: How long till O-Care is gone?

Postby Peter1469 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:35 pm

That has been Hillary's goal most of her adult life.