Pharmacy to be Sued in Death of 8 year old

Current events and latest news topics.
FindersKeepers
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:47 am
Location:
Gender: Female
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Pharmacy to be Sued in Death of 8 year old

Postby FindersKeepers » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:51 am

Adelaide wrote:
Eight-year-old Andrew Sheldrick went to bed on Saturday, March 12, after his mom gave him what she thought was his usual dose of medication for a sleep disorder. When his dad went to wake him in the morning, he found the boy dead.

"They did let us know that there was no amount of intervention that could have saved him. He had been gone for several hours by the time we found him," Andrew's mom, Melissa Sheldrick told Go Public.

For four and a half months, the family didn't know what caused Andrew's death.

Then in late July, a coroner's report concluded Andrew had not taken Tryptophan, the sleep medication he'd been prescribed, but Baclofen, a muscle relaxant drug used to treat muscle spasms caused by conditions such as multiple sclerosis.


Parents find son's lifeless body after pharmacy switches sleep medication for toxic dose of another drug - CBC News


That's awful! Parents think they're doing the best for their kids and look what happens.

Anyone can make a mistake -- but in pharmacy, the results can be devastating.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests