Intel insiders like CIA pick

For discussion on politics in the United States.
Peter1469
Forum Framer

Postby Peter1469 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:32 am

This is some good news about a Trump pick for leading the CIA.

I SPIED ADVICE: The somewhat surprising nomination of Congressman Mike Pompeo (R-KS) to be CIA Director in the Trump Administration has gotten fairly good reviews around town. Former Director, General Mike Hayden said we was “heartened” by the pick and told ABC news that his contacts still inside the intelligence community were as well. Ex Agency chief Leon Panetta said that Pompeo is going to have to get used to delivering information that the President is not going to want to hear and” urged him to get to know and trust the professionals who work for the agency.” Pompeo won praise from across the aisle when the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), said: “While we have had our share of strong differences — principally on the politicization of the tragedy in Benghazi — I know that he is someone who is willing to listen and engage, both key qualities in a C.I.A. director.” Not everyone was quite so supportive.  Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) is apparently still smarting about Pompeo’s criticism of the Democrat’s controversial investigation into the CIA’s role in enhanced interrogation after 9/11. She has promised to grill Pompeo on the subject during his confirmation hearing.